What To Expect
With a focus on preventative care, we recommend annual or semi-annual wellness visits for all of our patients depending on their age and health status. These visits include a comprehensive physical examination from nose-to-tail to ensure your pet is happy and healthy into old age.
Please bring your pet’s medical history with you when you visit us. We encourage all pet owners to keep a detailed journal of their pet’s health throughout his or her life, including behavioral changes. If you have a resource like this, please share it with our team! If you do not record your pet’s medical history, that is not a problem. We ask that you simply let us know everything you feel is important. Our doctors are prepared to work with whatever information you provide.
In some cases, our doctors may refer you to a specialist with advanced expertise in areas such as internal medicine or surgery.
- Payment is expected when services are rendered. In order to focus on our patients’ needs, customer service, and minimizing costs, we do not bill.
- We accept debit cards, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express), checks, and cash. All cards must be signed by the card owner.
- When unexpected illness strikes a pet, unexpected expense strikes as well. South Kendall Animal Hospital understands this and is able to make some special arrangements through our CareCredit® program. It takes a short 5 minutes to complete an application and will allow you to break down your payment into 6 monthly installments. You can either apply at our hospital, where we’ll call in your application over the phone for immediate approval, or apply yourself online. Learn more here: CareCredit®.
Highlights of the CareCredit® program:
- Low Monthly Payments (3% of the total balance)
- Interest Free For 6 Months
- Determine Approval in a Few Minutes
- No Annual Fee
Insurance For Your Pet
Another popular option for your family and companion is insurance coverage.
To learn more, please visit: